It all comes down to one simple question, what school will I be attending for the next four years? This might me one of the biggest decisions you have made thus far in your life. Try not to feel pressured by your parents, families, loved ones into attending a school that is the most affordable or closes to home. The reason for this is because in the end, when it is all said and done, you are going to be the one studying long rigorous hours, you are the one passing all your boards, you are the one in debt with all those loans and you are the one who is going to become a doctor. The time is now to take life by the horns, the next chapter in your life begins today by making this small but important decision.
Bellow are a list of questions to keep in mind during this decision process…
- What is is the cost of tuition?
- What is the amount of scholarship they are giving me?
- Do I like the school’s class sizes?
- Where am I going to be living for the next 4 years?
- Do I like the school’s academic program?
- What are some of the perks of attending this school?
- What are some of the downfalls that I saw when I visited this school?
- What stood out the most about this one specific school?
- Was I happy or disappointed from the tour of the campus?
- Did I feel comfortable with the students/ faculty?
- Can I see myself attending this school?
Placing a deposit to hold your place in your choice of school….
Once you feel you have your heart set on a school, you will have to submitting a deposit in the form of money (roughly $1,000.00) to hold a seat in the school for the upcoming year. In addition, a few schools may ask for a second deposit to solidify your decision. The deposit amount varies by school and may change every year. Please visit the AACPM website and look at the deposit section for each school through the Podiatric Medical College Information Book or use the link here : http://www.aacpm.org/html/careerzone/pdfs/2015%20CIB.pdf
Here are the page numbers for information about deposits from the Podiatric Medical College Information Book:
1.Arizona School of Podiatric Medicine at Midwestern University: pg.47
2.Barry University School of Graduate Medical Sciences: pg.60
3.California School of Podiatric Medicine: pg.51
4.Des Moines University of Podiatric Medicine & Surgery: pg.68
5.New York College of Podiatric Medicine: pg.72
6.Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine: pg.76
7.Western University of Health Sciences: pg.56
8.Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine: pg.64
9.Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine: pg.80